The benefits of detox is being realized by more and more people every day. It is also the perfect way to start a new year full of possibilities and promise. As with all dietary programs or nutritional changes, you should always consult with your medical professional before you start. Let’s be clear, I am no expert, but I have done a lot of research on health over the years. This article is to give you some insight into what I have learned, and hopefully help you on your health journey as well. I recommend a seven day program to really see the benefits of detox.
The benefits of detox is something everyone should be aware of. Detox can provide a wide range of health advantages. It can jumpstart your workouts, clear your pores, improve your quality of sleep, and just help you feel more energetic and alive. The body is constantly filtering out unusable material from the things we put into it. From the food we eat, to the things we drink, to the things we use on our skin. All of it has to be filtered and processed by our bodies. And all of it contains things our bodies just can’t use. Let’s look at a few things you should do about three days prior to starting your detox program, and continue while on your detox program.
- Cut out alcohol and caffeine – these are major body pollutants and should be avoided during a detox regimen.
- Eliminate animal based products from your diet.
- Cut out refined processed sugars and carbohydrates(agave nectar or raw sugar is fine)
- Eat more raw fruits and vegetables – you can blend them if you like, just make sure they are fresh. No canned produce.
- Start your day with and drink lots of fresh distilled water – because of the process of distillation, this type of water is very pure.
- It’s always a good idea to take plant based nutritional supplements
- Make your diet 80/20 – 80% raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts, and 20% cooked grains, beans, and other cookable vegetables.
Now that the rules are out of the way, I will give you meal principles that you can use throughout the seven day program. After which you will feel the benefits of detox.
The Benefits Of Detox: Meal Plan Principle
- For breakfast a nice green blended smoothie is a great way to start the day. You can use kale, spinach, celery, romaine or green leaf lettuce, and green apples. Adding other additional fruits is a great way to improve the flavor to your green smoothie.
- For lunch, eat a salad with at least five different vegetables, and a cup of whole grains like brown rice, with a cup of nuts. Always eat until you are satisfied, not full.
- For dinner, a few lightly steamed vegetables, a cup of quinoa with beans is a great choice.
- Remember to drink a large glass of water every 2 hours. This helps to flush your system of toxins and hydrate the body.
- If you get hungry between meals, eat some dried fruit and nuts to tie you over.
- Before bed, drink non caffeinated herbal tea.
Detoxing can also help with weight loss in some cases. Which in and of itself is one of the benefits of detox. You may experience a slight headache as your body goes through the program. This is normal, especially if caffeine intake was a regular part of your diet. The most important thing is to see it through to the end. You will never get the benefits of detox if you don’t finish what you start. It won’t be easy, but it will be rewarding.
A healthy body leads to a healthy mind. A healthy mind can lead to better thoughts and decision making. And better thoughts and decision making can lead to a more fulfilled life. Isn’t that more than enough reason to give detox a try?
Leave a Reply